In December when I found new employment, I stopped writing to my old MySpace blog. And since it is 2008, and not 2006, I’ve decided to stop using MySpace and start a brand new blog site.
I just reached a couple of milestones in my life: Six months at the new job, and one year of married bliss.
The new job is going OK. Because of the backlog of existing client work, I’ve spent most of the time dealing with big fixes or technical support. We’ve finally gotten through the backlog, and I should actually be doing some programming now. I’ve also improved my ping pong game through frequent games here, but I’m still nowhere near good enough to beat the other employees on a regular basis.
As for the marriage, its hard to believe that its already been a year. Time certainly does fly. For our one year anniversary, we took a trip to Toronto and Niagara Falls. It was an excellent trip, and we packed a lot of activity into our days.
Some of the things we did:
- Go up the CN Tower
- See a game at Rogers Centre (Formerly SkyDome)
- Take a tour of the city on an amphibious bus
- See the Second City comedy show
- Visit the Toronto Science Museum and take in an IMAX movie
- Ride the Maid of the Mist boat to the base of Niagara Falls
- Walk through the tunnels behind Niagara Falls
- See a clock made out of flowers
Overall, it was an excellent trip, even though our plane ride home was delayed four hours and we weren’t able to drink our water when we returned due to possible contamination.