As you may or may not have heard, Obama won the election. I understand if you missed it, as the media’s lack of coverage has been a bit puzzling.
Unfortunately, I’m starting to think that the country might have made a huge mistake.
In the past two days…
– The weather has been crappy.
– I learned that my credit card was stolen.
– When trying to see Zack & Miri Make a Porno last night, we found that the movie was at 7:30, not 8:05 like we thought.
– I have a huge pimple or bite, or something on my ass, and its kinda painful.
– The Sixers got crushed by the Heat last night.
This doesn’t even mention the fact that the Phillies haven’t won a game in a week! And they did win a World Series under the Bush regime, so maybe it wasn’t all bad.
And really, I expected changes! When I awoke on Wednesday, I thought I would find a huge tax refund waiting in my mailbox, $1.50/gallon gas prices, and news that the war in Iraq has been resolved and all the troops were on their way home. And none of that happened! I’m going to say I’m a little disappointed so far. Hopefully things will start to pick up once Obama actually gets into office, but my patience is limited.
I am happy to say that as of Tuesday, Mrs. Cutter and I have been a couple for eight years now, so happy anniversary to us! This weekend we’re travelling to Long Island to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with her family. So it marks the beginning of the holiday eating season for us where we eat a crap load of food and gain weight! Hooray!