I have recently been nominated for some super cool blogging awards by a few of my fellow bloggers.
This means that they either:
- Really like me and my blog.
- Took pity on me due to my prior lack of such awards.
- Needed to nominate somebody and I was up next alphabetically.
My ego is going to insist that #1 was their true motivation.
Despite my soft skin and charming personality, many of my friends and associates probably wouldn’t use the word “lovely” when describing me. Well, I guess this proves you wrong. And yes, I hate you too.
I’m trying to think if I’ve ever actually inspired anyone.
I suppose I did inspire Mrs. Cutter to quit smoking years ago. Oddly, she once used this against me in an argument. “I quit smoking for you!” Apparently, improving her health makes me a bad person.
But whether or not I deserve the nominations, they are mine! And there’s nothing anyone can do about it!
Of course, the glory of receiving such honors does not come without a price. There are certain obligations that must be fulfilled.
The rules for both of these awards are:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some other blogs.
I’ve already done the first two steps. I encourage you all to check out the blogs of my nominators as they are super fun to read. (See, now I’m inspiring people to check out new things. Hooray for self-fulfilling prophecies!)
Since I was doubly nominated for the Very Inspiring award, I’m going to be lazy and only count that one once. But that still leaves me needing to provide 14 facts about myself.
- I am still in a good deal of discomfort from a strained trapezius muscle.
- My favorite comic book character is Wolverine.
- I enjoy wearing scarves.
- I have memorized the titles of issues 1-100 of the Marvel Comics G.I.Joe comic book series.
- Excluding airport stop-overs and drive-throughs, I have visited 26 of the 50 United States.
- I share a birthday with former football star Deion Sanders.
- I am not a fan of Deion Sanders.
- My favorite cereal is Waffle Crisp.
- My favorite author is Tim Dorsey.
- I have attended one post-season baseball game.
- I once wrote a song about former Phillies pitcher Terry Mulholland.
- My go-to karaoke song is Gin ‘N Juice by Snoop Dogg:
- The only time I received detention in school was for fighting on the bus in 8th grade.
- My favorite movie of all time is Tron.
I hope that was educational for everyone. It certainly taught me a few things about myself, like how much I really don’t like Deion Sanders. Seriously, screw that guy.
Now its time for me to spread the love around and nominate other bloggers in a similar manner.
Unfortunately, many of the bloggers I follow have likely received similar awards. (and in some cases, they may have received them several times over) If that’s the case, I fully understand if they want to pass on performing this exercise yet again.
First off, some nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award:
And some nominees for the Inspiring Blogger Award:
If you get a chance, head on over to their blogs, as I’m sure you’ll find them to be interesting or entertaining. And if you don’t, you can always come back here and complain. Maybe I’ll even give you your money back.
Meanwhile, I would pat myself on the back for receiving these awards, but as I mentioned above, my back hurts, and patting myself would likely cause me pain.
So instead, I’ll celebrate by grabbing an ice pack, and icing down my back. Hooray!