This week’s theme is I Don’t Want to Talk About it. Apparently, this is the title of a Rod Stewart song that I did not know existed. That isn’t especially surprising since I’m not a huge Rod Stewart fan. I believe my mother likes him though. Maybe I’ll ask her about it when I see her tomorrow.
1) Crazy Sam is beyond sick of all things Kardashian! What’s a topic you’re just tired of and don’t want to talk about anymore?
As I’ve mentioned before, I could also do without hearing any more about the Kardashian family.
2) Rod Stewart has been recording for more than 40 years. Do you have any of his music on your iPod/mp3 player?
I have some random songs on my iPod, but nothing by Rod Stewart. I’m sure that if I did have any Rod Stewart songs on the iPod, I would hear them constantly, because my iPod is kind of an ass.
3) Rod Stewart is known for his coif. How much time do you spend on your hair each morning?
I splash some water on it and spend about 30 seconds trying to make it look halfway presentable. But that only happens on the days when I care how it looks. On some days, I just leave it as is and let the world decide how to handle it.
4) Rod’s first child, a daughter, will turn 50 this year. His most recent child, also a daughter, is 2. How close in age are your children? If you don’t have any children, how close in age are you and your siblings? If you don’t have children OR siblings, well, tell us what’s immediately to your left as you respond to this meme. If you don’t have anything to your left … Oh, hell, I give up!
I only have one child thus far, so the first part doesn’t apply to me. I have one sister and she’s just about five years older than me…chronologically. Mentally, the age gap is MUCH wider.
5) Which do you prefer — french toast or pancakes?
This is a tough question, as I love both breakfast foods. If I REALLY had to decide, I’d probably go with french toast, especially if it’s made with raisin bread.
6) When was the last time you lost your cool?
Unfortunately, my daughter’s resistance to bedtime caused me to lose my patience earlier this week. She’s only two and already knows how to push my buttons like a pro.
7) Crazy Sam once had a pet hamster she named Bart. Have you ever cared for a hamster or a gerbil?
I’ve had a variety of pets over the years, but never a hamster or gerbil. I’ve suggested to Mrs. Cutter that we get a rabbit, but she has been oddly resistant to this idea.
8) Are you ticklish?
If someone gets me in the right spot, I have been known to let out a giggle or two.
9) Ouch! You have a headache! What’s your go-to remedy?
Ibuprofen typically does the trick for me.
Appropriately enough, I have a headache right now. I looked in the office kitchen to see if there was an Advil, but in preparation for our office’s move, it had been packed up. So I’ve just had to suffer through.
That’s all for this week. Have a pleasant weekend!