Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of the summer season is finally upon us!
In preparation for the holiday, I decided to visit Crazy Sam’s Saturday 9 blog and answer another round of questions.
1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy’s funeral. While both of Bobby’s older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too — enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
I have never served in the military. My grandfather served in World War II, while my father was in the Army reserves but never saw active duty.
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What’s your favorite picnic food?
I have always been a huge fan of deviled eggs. If they are offered to me, I’ll typically enjoy two or three of them.
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
Unless the smell is particularly unpleasant, I don’t often associate scents with people.
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
I had my hair cut last Tuesday. I’ve had better haircuts, but that’s the way things have gone lately. 2013 has not been a good hair year for me.
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin’. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
I don’t drink coffee. This makes me the office weirdo wherever I work. (Well, that amongst other things)
6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
We would fix the drainage in our backyard. When it rains, the right side of our yard becomes a huge pool of water. And unfortunately, it has been raining a lot lately.
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
I am assuming that food doesn’t count. (Though I did enjoy that last bag of M&Ms I had) I bought myself a new pair of Nike sneakers. I still don’t have them completely broken in yet. I need to remember to bring them with me to the gym.
8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
Two weeks ago, I took a bike ride around my neighborhood. I realized that my bike really needs some fine tuning, as the gear shift is off, and the seat won’t stay in place. Aside from those problems, it was a pleasant experience.
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you’d like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
Guns N’ Roses would be a real treat!
Hope you all enjoy the long weekend and be sure to have a very happy Memorial Day!