I promised that I would provide a review of my 42 consecutive days of blogging, and now I’m ready to make good on that promise! (I’m sure that many people were on the edge of their seats) Please forgive me as the following may venture into self-congratulatory territory, but I’ll provide a video at the end, so it will all seem worth it.
Yes, I understand if you want to just skip down to the video.
I also apologize to anyone who stumbled onto this post thinking it was going to be a review of the movie 42. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the movie, so I can’t share an opinion about it.
At first I was going to rank all 41 posts I personally wrote, but I realized that process would be way too time-consuming, and the reward wouldn’t be nearly worth the effort. Instead, I’ll just hand out some superlatives and share some fun facts. (Note: Facts will probably not be all that fun.)
Fun Fact – I had originally intended for December 1st’s title to read “Episode VI” not “Episode VII” but I didn’t realize my mistake until after I had published it. I suppose that in a way, VII worked just as well as VI would have.
Most time-consuming – G.I.Joe – Twenty Questions: A Review – These Joe reviews always take a lot of time, and this one was especially bad. WordPress somehow lost all the images and I had to go through the screencap process a second time. It probably wasn’t worth the effort since this was probably the weakest of my four reviews.
Most disappointing – Step by Step – I figured that reviewing this show would be comedy gold, but it didn’t work out as well as I hoped.
Fun Fact – I actually wrote most of the Step by Step review on the day after Thanksgiving. I was stuck in the office with nothing to do, so I figured I’d pass the time by writing a time-consuming post.
Most surprising – 2013: The Year in Injuries – While this was far from a great post, I thought it was really going to suck when I first started writing it. Instead, it was thoroughly mediocre. Three cheers for low expectations!
Most traffic garnering – Gifts – Mostly because a link to it was re-tweeted by @zoowithroy.
Fun Fact – Re-tweets are pageview gold!
Oddest – Timing the Pee – I suppose it was kind of strange to write about my nighttime urinary habits.
Fun Fact – I had intended to submit this post to Yeah Write’s weekly challenge grid, but I forgot to do so after the fact.
The Five Worst Posts
5. Another Lackluster New Years Day – This was just me whining about New Years Day, and not being especially clever about it.
4. Five Items – I thought that doing a Daily Prompt would be an easy way to come up with a post idea, but I really didn’t make much of an effort.
3. Thanksgiving Leftovers – I can’t seem to write a good post on December 2nd. I think I’m too concerned about using up my best ideas that early in the month.
2. The Saddest Day of the Year – At first, I thought I’d have a lot to say about the plight of a football fan after their team has been eliminated. Then, I realized I’ve said most of it before, and I just kind of lost my enthusiasm.
1. The Fear Boger Discovers the Meaning of Christmas – Part Two – This was by far the weakest part of the Fear Boger series. At that point, I didn’t know how many parts I’d need to break the story into, so I may have tried to stretch the story too thin. I’ve since realized that Barry Bonds jokes aren’t exactly timely anymore.
Fun Fact – I had originally planned an epilogue to the Fear Boger series, but it never actually happened.
The Five Best Posts
5. The Fear Boger Discovers the Meaning of Christmas – Part Three – This might have been Mrs. Cutter’s favorite post of the month. Apparently, she finds the concept of people getting mauled by zebras to be hilarious.
Fun Fact – The Fear Boger series was originally meant as a tribute to the Advent Calendar adventures that used to run on X-Entertainment.com (Don’t worry, despite the name, it’s SFW).
4. More First World Problems at the Office – I do love me some white whine!
3. Sympathy for the Redskins – I should probably get a job writing about the Redskins, as I’ve got a great feel for the team and their fans.
2. My Daughter Wore a Turkey Dress to School Today – It’s possible that I only liked this post so much because most people took my side.
1. Yoda Sucks – I had a lot of fun pointing out Yoda’s flaws. I guess I had a lot more pent-up anger towards him than I realized.
I’d like to thank everyone who stuck with me through the entire month. It’s loyal readers like you who make it all almost seem worthwhile. I’d also be curious to hear which posts were your favorites.
And finally, as promised, here’s a video for you to enjoy!