Welcome to The Cutter Rambles!
I am the author of this blog, known throughout the cyber universe as The Cutter.
I am originally from outside Philadelphia, but I now reside in the Washington, DC suburbs with my lovely wife (Mrs. Cutter), my wonderful daughter (The Cutlet), and the newest additions to the family: The twins! (Cujo and The Cutlass)
By day, I work as a web developer. By night, when I’m not spending time with my family I enjoy writing, playing recreational sports, and devoting entirely too much energy to the fortunes of my favorite sports teams.
What is this blog about?
That’s a good question. It originally started out as a journal of my life, mostly intended for the enjoyment of my family and friends. But I soon realized that I had a lot of “interesting” thoughts running through my head, and the blog soon became an outlet for them.
Nowadays, I’ll write about whatever bizarre subject crosses my mind.
Sometimes I’ll write about family life. Sometimes I’ll write about pop culture, and why today’s music isn’t as good as the stuff they were making in the early 90’s. Sometimes, I’ll even provide my readers with my Guide to Fixing America in which I propose we all do our part to make America a better place.
For those of you new to the blog, or for longtime readers who want to re-live some old memories, here are a few of my all-time favorite posts:
- M.C. Hammer vs. Vanilla Ice – A Critical Comparison – My attempt to determine which artist better epitomized the glory that was early 90’s rap.
- G.I.Joe: The Viper is Coming – A detailed review of the classic G.I.Joe cartoon.
- The 4th Annual Christmas Interview with Michael Bublé– Every year on Christmas, I interview (a fictional version of) pop singer Michael Bublé.
- A Blogger’s Analysis of the 1989 Cleveland Indians as Depicted in Major League – Part One – Taking a look at the events in the movie Major League from a blogger’s perspective.
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance – How I imagine bad sequels get made.
- Cleaning out my Closet – In which I say good bye to my childhood home.
- The Little Yogi – My daughter developed a fondness for yoga.
- Of Mice and Men – How I learned that life doesn’t always go according to plan.
- Bill, I Believe this is Killing Me – Raising newborn twins can be difficult.
- The Hater’s Guide to the Washington Redskins – A deconstruction of my “favorite” football team.
- Sports Hate – Dealing with Schadenfreude in sports.
- Reasons to be Excited About the Super Bowl – An attempt to look at the bright side of another Giants vs. Patriots Super Bowl.
- My Fantasy Football “Victory” Speech – Commemorating finishing dead last in my fantasy football league.
The Cutter’s Guide to Fixing America
- Intro – My ideas as to how we can all help make America better.
- Election Day – My take on the 2012 election.
- Gay Marriage – In which I support same-sex marriage.
- The Temptation – Battling addiction.
- The Hamburglar: Scourge of McDonaldland – For some reason, “Hamburglar” is one of my most commonly searched keywords.
- The Fool’s Errand – Do you think your IT support people are just being lazy? You’re probably right!
- Know Your People – The Simpsons taught me a lesson about knowing who your true friends are.
- Why I am Outraged by the Cheerios Commercial – Cheerios deeply offended me with one of their commercials.
I also used to write two other blogs:
The Ad Pundit – I provide humorous reviews of popular television commercials.
Sabermetrics Suck – One man’s fight against the statistical revolution in baseball.
If you have enjoyed your time here, please either subscribe to the RSS feed, or subscribe to the blog via email. Links for both of those options are helpfully provided in the upper right hand corner of the page.
You can also like the site on Facebook and follow me on Twitter: @CutterRambles
I typically tweet new blog posts, but I also try to share some (what I consider to be) witty thoughts and comments.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you again soon!